I love seeing what my friends are up to. You'd think that since moving up to New York I'd have more time to do so but the city has a way of overbooking your calendar. It was last fall that I introduced my good buddy Ali in his Brooklyn loft space chock full of vintage clothing (in fact, his vintage Ralph Lauren collection is currently being featured on the Ralph Lauren Vintage website). Recently, Ali and I headed across the Hudson to Century 21 in Paramus, New Jersey to check out some installations he created for the men's floor. I typically don't frequent department stores but I couldn't believe the prices Century 21 was asking for these designer duds. Is this the tri-state's best kept secret?
As he walked me through his "preppy" installation I thought it'd be fun to pull together a fall look on the cheap. In the end, I saved $578 off retail*.
Photographed in Brooklyn, NY
• Shades of Grey wool tweed blazer (suggested retail: $216, Century 21: $80)
• Jack Spade Oxford cloth button down (suggested retail: $135, Century 21: $67)
• Ralph Lauren tie (suggested retail: $115, Century 21: $25)
• Psycho Bunny cable knit sweater (suggested retail: $195, Century 21: $70)
• Ralph Lauren scarf (suggested retail: $52, Century 21: $30)
• Jack Spade corduroy trousers (suggested retail: $225, Century 21: $115)
• Adidas trainers (suggested retail: $65, Century 21: $38)
*courtesy of Century 21