As men, we gravitate toward uniforms. For work, weekends, sports—we don’t like to think too much about what to wear when it comes to getting dressed; however, we want to look good. This look is one of my spring uniforms that works for me. The key is in the navy. It’s my black and looks great on every guy.
This is Wardrobe, a new feature in Dress Code where I will share my wardrobe by way of looks I actually wear.
1. Levi’s 501 jean
2. Ralph Lauren double monk straps
3. Tory leather equestrian belt
4. Randolph Engineering aviators
5. Cotton pocket square
6. Timex Easy Reader watch w/J.Crew nylon strap
7. Ascot Chang bengal stripe shirt (bespoke, $300)
Made with Thomas Mason fabric, french button tab cuff, spread collar, and monogram, it is the best-fitting shirt I own. The gentlemen of Ascot Chang are specially trained to take your measurements and note individual traits of your body and posture. Details such as my prominent chest were incorporated into my pattern design to ensure a clean and comfortable fit.
8. Ralph Lauren Purple Label club tie
9. Smathers & Branson needlepoint wallet
10. Rugby linen/silk/wool herringbone jacket