It’s the heat of summer and that means it’s time to make good on all those wedding invitations you—rather, your girl—RSVP’d for. Summer formal can seem a bit daunting given all the fabrics appropriate for such a celebration...especially if the wedding is in the south. Seersucker? Linen? Lightweight cotton? Go with wool. A tropical weight wool goes a long way in keeping you cool. And grey ensures you only draw attention to yourself on your terms—say, when the seven piece band kicks in. Pair it with white bucks to let everyone know that, although an impeccable dresser, you don't take yourself too seriously.
Your jacket is breathable, sure, but you're not obligated to keep it on the entire night. Losing your coat while you burn up the dance floor only means your braces get to show their true colors. If your moves haven’t already declared “I know what I’m doing,” your braces will.
1. Rugby grey tropical wool trousers
2. Social Primer for Brooks Brothers reversible silk bow tie
3. Ralph Lauren silk braces
4. Rugby silk repp stripe wallet
5. Smathers & Branson needlepoint flask
6. Jack Robie gingham dress shirt
7. Randolph Engineering aviators
8. Timex Easy Reader with alligator leather strap
9. Tommy Hilfiger white bucks
10. Rugby grey tropical wool jacket
11. Cotton pocket square