Buy this book now—if you have (or plan on having) sons. I must thank Walker for advancing me a copy of his much anticipated book Rules for My Unborn Son. Gleaned from his popular blog, “the book of rules and accompanying quotes is quite simply an instruction manuel for becoming a Good Man—industrious, thoughtful, charming, and of course, well-dressed.” It’s a book for the ages. Intended to be passed down from one generation to the next, it’s timeless in its wisdom and delivery.
I’ve curated my top ten rules I’ve been steadily instilling in my two sons.
• Make sure your clothes fit properly.
• Nothing good ever happens after 3 A.M. Promise.
• Spend time with you mother. She’s cooler than you think.
• The key to good photography is not timing. It’s editing.
• Socks are not necessary in the summer, not matter how formal the occasion.
• Learn to tie a bow tie.
• When shaking hands, grip firmly and look him in the eye.
• Don’t be afraid to ask out the best-looking girl in the room.
• Surprise your dad at the office. Trust me, whatever I’m doing is not as important as you.
• Never side against your brother in a fight.