Dress Code  

Photographed in Dallas, TX

Oct 9, 2009 | Permalink (5) View/Leave Comments

Sarah Ring left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 1:18 AM:

Stunning - love this look.

James left a comment on 10/20/2009 at 10:47 PM:

Looks GREAT!

Tickled Pink & Green left a comment on 10/19/2009 at 7:52 PM:

Ha!  I knew that storefront looked familiar!  I just posted a pic from there yesterday.  That’s my neighborhood RL store.  :)

Kristin left a comment on 10/10/2009 at 8:14 PM:

That vest is killer!

Steven Ryne Photography left a comment on 10/9/2009 at 12:43 PM:

SWEEET!!!  I love reading/seeing this stuff man!  Thanks for sharing.  Awesome-ness!

• You Don’t Know Jack…Yet

Style  

Don’t know the difference between a 3/2 roll and a four-in-hand? Gentlemen, J.Crew believes Jack, their in-house stylist, knows best when it comes to style. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) him your sartorial conundrums and he’ll point you in the right direction. If you don’t know jack, now you should.

Oct 8, 2009 | Permalink (0) View/Leave Comments

Kick off the comments by using the stationery below to pen your thoughts.

• Tailored by Umbro

Sports  

In 1924 Umbro founder Harold Humphreys brought the art of bespoke tailoring to the world of sports. He called it sportswear. Since then, the company from Manchester has remained loyal to “the beautiful game” as the only football specific company...in the World.

They may have an Italian in the dugout, but the England squad are stepping out in British tailoring next summer thanks to Umbro. The new England shirt is not an evolution of an old one but rather an innovation of technology and performance—providing a bespoke kit to each athlete. The four-man design team considered everything from crest placement to perforations in the lower back and under arm, allowing airflow. With the player’s involvement from start to finish the shirt is literally tailored by England. Watch exactly how Umbro has built the new kit from the inside out.

“Traditionally football garments are created big enough for your body to move inside. We created a garment that moves when you do.”

—Aitor Throup, creative consultant

Oct 7, 2009 | Permalink (1) View/Leave Comments

S.N. left a comment on 10/8/2009 at 11:06 AM:

If only all sports uniforms were this well designed! And it doesn’t hurt that the ‘beautiful game’ usually has the most ‘beautiful players.’

• So Goode

Miscellany  

I’m simply loving this Hackett ad featuring Matthew Goode. So top drawer.

Image via British GQ

Oct 6, 2009 | Permalink (5) View/Leave Comments

Sara left a comment on 10/8/2009 at 11:08 AM:

Love the style, the feeling, the boat.

allie in g'town left a comment on 10/6/2009 at 5:03 PM:

“Top drawer”...must add that to the repertoire…XXOO

kat left a comment on 10/6/2009 at 3:30 PM:

Bond meets Brideshead Revisited.  Classy.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 10/6/2009 at 2:22 PM:

Death—I was thinking more along the lines of that double-breasted smoking jacket…and the blonde.

Death Bredon left a comment on 10/6/2009 at 2:06 PM:

Which is top drawer—the ad, Hackett, or Matthew Goode?  :-)

• Tie On Your Beau’s

Style  

There’s nothing more charming than men’s essentials borrowed by the better half. Women can, and are, pulling off the bow-tie in top drawer fashion. Move the bow from your head to your neck and you’ve got an instant classic that’s also tomboy sexy.

Images via Sea of Shoes and The Sartorialist

Images via Teen Vogue and Rugby

Learn how to knot up here.

Oct 5, 2009 | Permalink (6) View/Leave Comments

S.N. left a comment on 10/8/2009 at 11:04 AM:

The Sartorialist photo is one that started to make a believer out of me. I haven’t worn one…yet.

michael o'neill left a comment on 10/7/2009 at 7:57 PM:

this is great. added a link to this post on my blog. behindtimes.wordpress.com

great blog, and i look forward to seeing more!

C DeLorenzo left a comment on 10/6/2009 at 11:50 PM:

I will say bow ties have become one of my favorite looks.  I wore one today :)

Sunday Ibok left a comment on 10/5/2009 at 5:06 PM:

i love the picture from the sartorialist. it’s the epitome of menswear for women. tomboy sexy, well said sire.

Steven Ryne Photography left a comment on 10/5/2009 at 11:26 AM:

Much agreed, much agreed…very cute.  I think it’s sexy because I wish it was my accessories/clothes that they were borrowing to put on.

Justin James left a comment on 10/5/2009 at 9:09 AM:

I’ve always been a fan of girls wearing men’s clothing in the right way. Just something about it.

• Newer Posts Older Posts