• Invincible Summer

Miscellany  

Dec 10, 2009 | Permalink (2) View/Leave Comments

Pharmk533 left a comment on 4/8/2012 at 4:24 AM:

Hello! dcccdaf interesting dcccdaf site! I’m really like it! Very, very dcccdaf good!

Vanja Kobaslic left a comment on 12/23/2009 at 10:24 AM:

My favorite writer

• Chester French

Music & Books  

When D.A. and Max met up at Harvard University their freshman year, it wasn’t long before they were holed up in their dorms pulling four day benders crafting poppy tunes. Their demo landed itself in the midst of an intense bidding war and Chester French was signed soon thereafter by Pharrell Williams. With more hype garnered than Vampire Weekend mounted prior to their debut album (and that’s saying something), the boys’ freshman effort dropped earlier this year. Catch D.A. rocking his dapper bow-tie in their She Loves Everybody music video.

Images via Improper Bostonian, MTV and Spin

Dec 9, 2009 | Permalink (3) View/Leave Comments

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 12/11/2009 at 11:02 AM:

Mel—I haven’t seen your hubby’s shots yet…where are they?  Nick shot them for Improper Bostonian last year too, fun little connection.  They sang you a song? Haha—which one???

Mel left a comment on 12/11/2009 at 10:14 AM:

did you check jeremiah’s photos of chester french? he shot them for steve madden. and DA also sang me a song for me (yes, very embarassing to be at the stage while someone sings your a song… awkward!) at one of their performances =)

Jackie left a comment on 12/9/2009 at 10:44 PM:

Did you see these guys get on styl’d on mtv? Loving your recent street photographs, the style is great. I’m obsessed with riding boots but I don’t own any. =) Thats the curse & blessing of fashion…it keeps changing…I would be broke if I bought everything I would like to express myself. =)

• In Repair

Dress Code  

Photographed in Greenwich, CT

Dec 8, 2009 | Permalink (7) View/Leave Comments

Robin left a comment on 1/22/2010 at 1:28 PM:

Love her bag and also love the outfit on the mannequin.

CLD left a comment on 12/9/2009 at 9:43 AM:

I will agree- Brooke has been featured on the Rugby blog a few times—so time to schedule a trip

The Boss left a comment on 12/8/2009 at 8:10 PM:

F.E. Castleberry—If you’re ever in San Fran in near future, you really should photograph Brooke. She’s a beauty and always exudes sartorial style.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 12/8/2009 at 3:46 PM:

Trip—I often visit Rugby and Ralph stores and just chat with the associates.  Several are friends.  When I visit a city I’ll stop by Rugby to see what’s happening.  If I see someone there with a brilliant look, I’ll photograph them.  Rugby associates know how to have fun with the prep/Ivy League aesthetic. They often exhibit the imagination I push my readers to exercise within their own style.  Yes, several ladies & gentlemen featured here in Dress Code work for Ralph Lauren, but they alone dress/style themselves every morning.

Tara McCall left a comment on 12/8/2009 at 3:24 PM:

I will take whole outfit, thank you. I need more info on those heels. Love the idea of the gym bag…

The Boss left a comment on 12/8/2009 at 3:19 PM:

Navy jacket and light or medium destroyed denim = perfect unisex look.

Trip left a comment on 12/8/2009 at 3:13 PM:

OK, I have to ask.  While I really enjoy your Dress Code posts (especially the beautiful women), why is it that nearly everyone that you get a picture of has something from Rugby in their outfit? Not that I have a problem with it or anything, but is it more than coincidence?

• The J.Crew Men’s Store

Store Profiles  

It’s refreshing...shocking, even, when a big design house creates a uniquely brilliant shopping experience. Even more so when they do it for the men. J.Crew’s Tribeca Men’s shop, located at 235 West Broadway is just that. A one-of-a-kind Ivy League/modern trad shopping experience designed exclusively by Andy Spade.

Aside from showcasing essentials from J.Crew’s men’s line, my recent visit to the Liquor Store bar in New York City revealed it also showcases Thomas Mason shirting, Selima glasses, Globe Trotter luggage, Red Wing boots, Aesop body products, Borsalino hats, Alden shoes, Hollywood Trading Company belts, as well as various vintage items (i.e. the watches featured below). Truly a men’s shop fresher than a breath of Nantucket air.

Images via J.Crew

Dec 7, 2009 | Permalink (4) View/Leave Comments

Kyle left a comment on 3/11/2010 at 12:10 PM:

what watch faces are pictured here? I am looking for one that will fit bands that can be switched out for the summer. Thanks!

sunday ibok left a comment on 12/7/2009 at 5:42 PM:

fing amazing. when marc jacobs said ’ a photo is a million words ’ he wasn’t kidding. oh wait was that someone else?

SMII left a comment on 12/7/2009 at 3:27 PM:

Excellent report as I’m unfamiliar with this treasure of a store. Do my eyes deceive me, or did I notice a Constellation w/ Pan dial?

Greg left a comment on 12/7/2009 at 2:13 PM:

Great store, I picked up my Chromexcel Indy Boots there this summer. I could easily dress myself entirely out of the contents of that store.

http://manifolddestiny.wordpress.com

• Skirted

Dress Code  

Photographed in New York, NY

Dec 4, 2009 | Permalink (9) View/Leave Comments

j.r left a comment on 10/23/2010 at 1:26 PM:

Both the model, and the picture are awesome and sexy! What’s the model’s name?

Mark left a comment on 12/8/2009 at 8:51 AM:

Beautiful girl…great look!

SMII left a comment on 12/7/2009 at 7:42 AM:

She captures the essence of prep well - bravo!

Keith left a comment on 12/6/2009 at 12:31 AM:

Great photo.  She looks incredible.  That whole ensemble is amazing.

Astrild left a comment on 12/4/2009 at 2:32 PM:

I am experiencing boot envy!

CLD left a comment on 12/4/2009 at 1:38 PM:

beautiful :) love this shot!! i still think the title should have been the other suggestion but skirted is cute haha

trip left a comment on 12/4/2009 at 12:58 PM:

Wow.

The Boss left a comment on 12/4/2009 at 12:50 PM:

I might be slightly biased in saying this, but I love the Frye boots and socks combo. Very classy.

In the winter, I rock my Frye Rogan boots with a pair of camp socks - they provide the necessary warmth and style needed for crisp morning endeavors.

L.A.S left a comment on 12/4/2009 at 11:43 AM:

I think I love you.

• Newer Posts Older Posts