• So Clutch

Dress Code  

Photographed in New Canaan, CT

Previously featured on Rugby's blog, The Newsroom.

Jan 29, 2010 | Permalink (7) View/Leave Comments

cws left a comment on 2/1/2010 at 8:09 AM:

Hey - I still like the outfit and I like her…Always appreciate the pictures of the lovely women…

i know more than you left a comment on 1/30/2010 at 1:25 PM:

i love love love this. nice to finally see a girl with enough courage to rock an original look.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 1/29/2010 at 3:39 PM:

In regards to her look, this blog was started in order to pay homage to prep trad while expanding its visual landscape. I believe this look alludes to that. It’s sophisticated yet still casual. The small tear in her hose above her knee is endearing…it shows nonchalance.

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 1/29/2010 at 3:19 PM:

She is very cute I can date her.

robdarko left a comment on 1/29/2010 at 1:48 PM:

She is cute.

The Boss left a comment on 1/29/2010 at 1:10 PM:

Her whole ensemble seems Bohemian chic. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that one of her style icons must be Stevie Nicks.

cws left a comment on 1/29/2010 at 12:23 PM:

Not sure it’s prep…still like the lace tights…glad the women are back.

• Understanding

Miscellany  

Jan 28, 2010 | Permalink (1) View/Leave Comments

mary left a comment on 1/29/2010 at 2:53 PM:

Truth. Truth

• Caulfield Preparatory SS10

Style  

Caulfield Preparatory is a new contemporary menswear brand playing up unique off-beat details such as signature half sleeve silhouettes on their button down shirts and henleys. The Spring 2010 collection hits stores starting at the end of the month featuring swim shorts, lightweight knits, scarves, beanies and other nautical-inspired casual wear. Though usually not one for graphic tees, I love their white whale tee reminiscent of freshman biology 101 (and if you haven't noticed, thick plastic frames have surfaced amidst this ivy league fashion resurgence). The airy color palette in their look book has me all aboard for summer. Caulfield Preparatory is available nationwide at Bloomingdales, revolveclothing.com, Ron Herman, American Rag and Holt Renfrew to name a few. Spring ahoy!

Images via Caulfield Preparatory

Jan 27, 2010 | Permalink (4) View/Leave Comments

thomas left a comment on 2/11/2010 at 11:07 PM:

i love this!  beautiful.

BeauxTieTiger left a comment on 1/28/2010 at 9:55 PM:

anybody know where i could get that peacoat. The rest of the stuff is nice, but that peacoat would be a very important part of my weekend attire for football games during october and january.

D.Read left a comment on 1/28/2010 at 2:22 PM:

Looks like the line has some nice pieces.

Graham left a comment on 1/27/2010 at 2:48 PM:

Nice stuff. Not anything I would call remotely preppie as far as I can see, but it has the spirit and there are some nice pieces. The peacoat and the scarf look good.

www.openzedoor.blogspot.com

• Letterdress

Dress Code  

Photographed in New York, NY

Jan 26, 2010 | Permalink (6) View/Leave Comments

S.N. Carpeaux left a comment on 1/27/2010 at 3:22 PM:

Agreed: the eggplant tights are key and the boots are what do it for me.

Michelle O left a comment on 1/27/2010 at 12:59 AM:

LOVE that dress…oh my goodness I want one!

Graham left a comment on 1/26/2010 at 7:16 PM:

Love the tights. That’s what makes the outfit.

Claire Menard left a comment on 1/26/2010 at 2:19 PM:

Fred rocks that bash prep! :)

cws left a comment on 1/26/2010 at 11:37 AM:

Delicious…the boots make it work…of course it doesn’t hurt that she is gorgeous…

The Boss left a comment on 1/26/2010 at 10:25 AM:

Love the contrast of the monochromatic all black look with the purple tights. Ace.

• Alex Beh

Culture  

Image via Steven Taylor

Alex Beh is an actor/writer/director from Chicago, currently living in Los Angeles. This summer he starred in the independent drama “Peach Plum Pear” and just finished directing his latest romantic comedy he co-wrote, called “Babe” starring, Leven Rambin, himself, Tracy Thorpe, Shoshana Bush, and others. He has directed and appeared in numerous commercials, for both TV and web, including spots for Gillette, Sears, Axe Body Spray, IMB, and most recently Bud Light and Burger King.

Alex also owns an apparel/lifestyle brand with singer/songwriter Matt Wertz called Brotally Worldwide Inc., which donates a portion of sales to the Kidney Foundation in honor of his brother Chase.

Alex wears Oliver Peoples tortoise shell eye glasses, suit by Trovata, J. Lindeberg shirt, his own repp tie and Salvatore Ferragamo monk strap brogues.

Jan 25, 2010 | Permalink (15) View/Leave Comments

wgc12 left a comment on 7/7/2011 at 11:55 PM:

He has directed and appeared in numerous commercials, for both TV and web href=“http://www.edhardytshirtsonsale.com”>ed hardy</

ray-ban.cc left a comment on 7/7/2010 at 3:54 AM:

Alex also owns an apparel/lifestyle brand with singer/songwriter Matt Wertz called Brotally Worldwide Inc.,

will left a comment on 4/12/2010 at 2:17 PM:

Nice suit and all, but what an awesome head of hair on the guy.  Totally jealous here.

thomas left a comment on 2/11/2010 at 11:09 PM:

love he green…beautiful

alexander left a comment on 2/2/2010 at 5:45 PM:

I’m diggin’ that suit…and the car…and the tie. You need to have a certain swagger about you to pull off that look without seeming to try hard.

DAM left a comment on 1/27/2010 at 11:15 AM:

That is the most ridiculously amazing suit.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 1/27/2010 at 1:31 AM:

Notice the cuffs…they are making a case for themselves after all this trousers-sans-cuffs talk.  Honestly, the decision is a personal/style one.

worthless tripe left a comment on 1/26/2010 at 4:28 PM:

The car looks like a Citroen DS, named by Top Gear as the most beautiful car ever.

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 1/26/2010 at 3:24 PM:

I really like this picture. It’s amazing. Everything’s perfect here!

suzi left a comment on 1/25/2010 at 9:17 PM:

I believe he is wearing a Brotally shirt underneath that oxford.

brooke left a comment on 1/25/2010 at 9:09 PM:

Alex Beh is heroic.

Graham left a comment on 1/25/2010 at 6:56 PM:

Is that his car? That’s what makes this shot. As for the suit, it’s such a statement that it will always divide opinion. He wears it well, though.

Dale Chadwick left a comment on 1/25/2010 at 5:38 PM:

I agree with jack - perhaps an egg white tie to pick up on the green suit with what appears to be navy piping on the lapel would have worked better. However, I have never seen a green suit done like this before and it has definitely made me reconsider colored suits.

thelumpypudding.blogspot.com

S.N. Carpeaux left a comment on 1/25/2010 at 1:05 PM:

Is that navy piping on the lapel?
    Love the green. Love.

jack left a comment on 1/25/2010 at 12:50 PM:

Wow, great shoes, glasses and suit. I kind of wish the tie was a different set of colors, but very well put together overall.

www.thisisnotnew.com

• Older Posts