• Father of the Bride

Dress Code  

Photographed in Woods Hole, MA (wedding guest)

Noteworthy: weimaraners (in pairs).

Jul 30, 2010 | Permalink (20) View/Leave Comments

Ruby left a comment on 8/3/2010 at 11:11 AM:

Wondering why you haven’t put up a picture of the bride and groom? Would love to see how they looked and if their look matched that of the guests they invited.

Straw Boater left a comment on 8/2/2010 at 7:59 PM:

Love this guy.  What a pimp.

Andy M. left a comment on 8/2/2010 at 10:16 AM:

Love the shoes, the cane, and as with all of these, the setting… I think it’s a great photo and for a man of his size he wears it well.  Nice job.

Oliver Andres left a comment on 8/1/2010 at 6:00 PM:

i’m really enjoying your work. the composition of your photographs and the selection of your subjects is quite nice. keep it up!

Oliver Andres left a comment on 8/1/2010 at 6:00 PM:

i’m really enjoying your work. the composition of your photographs and the selection of your subjects is quite nice. keep it up!

Joey dee left a comment on 8/1/2010 at 12:17 AM:

When do we get to see the bride and more pics of girls like the one in the background with the yellow dress?

Brandon C. left a comment on 7/31/2010 at 11:51 PM:

I hope im still dressing well when I hit his age lol.
    http://prepster67.blogspot.com/

K left a comment on 7/31/2010 at 10:15 PM:

I live near the beach so I see a lot of this pairing (boat shoes and suits) at pier parties. I guess it depends on the occasion and location.

Murphy left a comment on 7/31/2010 at 5:15 PM:

I love how his shoes and his tie match PERFECTLY.

Kiki left a comment on 7/31/2010 at 8:38 AM:

love the “gray ghosts” and those adorable collars. great picture. thanks for sharing and take care.

anthony left a comment on 7/30/2010 at 10:18 PM:

i like to see an older dude who still has a knack for creativity. i think this guy kills it.

S. left a comment on 7/30/2010 at 10:16 PM:

Love the website and always the selections. I notice a lot of the things you buy you name a place or specialty shop that has really good something or the others, be it a place known for Nantucket reds or the best priced bracelets around. Often they’re in the North-East. I’m planning a trip to the New England area next weekend to visit Boston area and all the way to Maine and was hoping you could do a piece about places to visit for reasonably priced quality preppy clothing. I’m not extremely wealthy so any “common folk” shops would be great. Thanks a ton.

S

bunny left a comment on 7/30/2010 at 2:02 PM:

oh my, i love how coordinated he is with his blue suit, tie and boat shoes :) quite dandy with a cane!

Elizabeth left a comment on 7/30/2010 at 1:31 PM:

He looks sharp, yet the boat shoes are comfy.

CLG23 left a comment on 7/30/2010 at 1:23 PM:

This guy is well dressed, I have no problems with anything here.

georgie left a comment on 7/30/2010 at 12:56 PM:

The details in the background really make this photo great. Nice work!

Patrick left a comment on 7/30/2010 at 11:41 AM:

is that Larry Flynt?

josh left a comment on 7/30/2010 at 11:14 AM:

The weim cooling off in the grass makes this photo!

T left a comment on 7/30/2010 at 10:50 AM:

Never thought of boat shoes with a suit, nice idea and it works here!

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/30/2010 at 9:19 AM:

He looks relaxed, cool and I love how he is wearing top-siders with his suit. I like his shades, the dogs, the girl behind. There’s a lot of nice details in this picture. He is the father of the bride!

• Milk & Sugar

Dress Code  

Noteworthy: Seersucker originates from the Persian words "shir o shekar," meaning "milk and sugar", probably from the resemblance of its smooth and rough stripes to the smooth surface of milk and bumpy texture of sugar.

Jul 29, 2010 | Permalink (10) View/Leave Comments

anthony left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 11:21 PM:

fred you’ve absolutely killed it on these last few posts. keep up the excellent work!

mjl left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 3:59 PM:

the only thing that sucks about seersucker is that it photographs poorly.  that’s it.

fsp left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 12:22 PM:

Great Look! Fantastic Suit, Shirt and Tie.

Brian left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 11:20 AM:

The suit is great! 

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 10:11 AM:

This is a very nice picture. For me this gentleman knows how to dress.

robdarko left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 9:55 AM:

Look at that knot!  What he has on is perpetually classic for spring/summer.  There is just one thing amiss…

A.Lopez left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 7:47 AM:

Great suit and the pink is a nice touch…and he’s not wearing a skinny tie. Isn’t he the head of Men’s for GILT?

Laguna Beach Trad left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 7:34 AM:

Perfect. And I’m not even a fan of seersucker suits. Great haircut and tan too.

Michael Butts left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 7:32 AM:

Great suit.

The Untidy Pilgrim left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 7:17 AM:

The tie and belt desperately need to be slimmed down.  Other than that, this is an entirely appropriate kit for an outdoor summer wedding/reception.

• Uncle Sam

Dress Code  

Jul 28, 2010 | Permalink (12) View/Leave Comments

Liz left a comment on 8/6/2010 at 10:43 AM:

Love, love this look!  I bet he’s a great story teller, he seems so carefree. :)

http://prettysweetlife.com/

Richard Ross left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 10:24 AM:

I want to hear this guy’s stories. What a baller.

Murphy left a comment on 7/29/2010 at 2:19 AM:

I wish I was at this wedding!

Elizabeth left a comment on 7/28/2010 at 3:24 PM:

I think he looks grand. I particularly like his bow tie.

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/28/2010 at 1:52 PM:

Beautiful picture. Everything’s so nice from the gentleman to what’s behind him, everything. I Liked this!

bunny left a comment on 7/28/2010 at 1:38 PM:

that’s adorable. cute bowtie!

robdarko left a comment on 7/28/2010 at 9:58 AM:

I’m so sure we will all refrain from any biting comments about Uncle Sam or suffer a whack from the cane…

abc left a comment on 7/28/2010 at 9:41 AM:

This gentlemen is who I’d like to share a drink with instead of the other two stiffs…stylish, great attitude…probably has some good stories to tell as well.

VRODJack left a comment on 7/28/2010 at 8:06 AM:

This man could wear burlap and make it look fashionable.  It is the trifecta of the drink, cane and smile that catch my eye.  The cane shows a man unwilling to quit.  A man with many places to go and people to see.  That smile of his is probably the same smile he flashed when the papers announced that WWII was over and the boys were coming home.  He grinned like that when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon…..when his favorite team took the penant, the cup, the trophy….He’s earned that drink and a flock of young men to listen to his stories.

Perhaps a young lady on his arm…smiling

Laguna Beach Trad left a comment on 7/28/2010 at 7:33 AM:

Nice! This is how the old boys roll. Rocking it in reds and navy blazer. Where are the ,cuffs?

For some reason (can’t put my finger on it) this fellow looks a hell of a lot better than the young guy in similar kit from a few days ago.

Trish @ Pink Preppy Lilly Lover left a comment on 7/28/2010 at 6:56 AM:

What a delightful photo, he looks relaxed and ready to have a great time!  Love the whole look head to toe! :)

Trish @ Pink Preppy Lilly Lover

Tuck left a comment on 7/28/2010 at 6:45 AM:

1000% better than the gentleman with a similar look from days before. It’s is not all slim and shrunken, but his proportions are well done and with the drink and hand and the carefree smile he remembers that style is about the person, not the clothes.

• White Collar

Dress Code  

Noteworthy: saddle shoes, sterling signet ring (worn on little finger), signature cocktail.

Jul 27, 2010 | Permalink (11) View/Leave Comments

Joey dee left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 11:26 PM:

Aside from the sizing; with exception to the jacket, this guys ensemble just invites you to say something so he can reply, “frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn!”

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 9:16 PM:

awesome pic

Laguna Beach Trad left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 7:00 PM:

Love it! Not a fan of saddle shoes (the bloody things should be banned, IMO), but this young fellow looks smashing. Well done chaps.

Dana Sipes left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 4:40 PM:

Such Fun.

Love your posts and relish in all the commentary.
    I Will be in Nantucket and the Cape the next two weeks. Be kind should FEC’s camera gets a hold of me.

Best,
    Dana
    http://dana-in-wonderland.blogspot.com/

Cary Randolph left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 3:46 PM:

I don’t care if his blazer fits or not; the signet ring alone makes this guy a winner in my book.

Jason left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 2:10 PM:

I actually think his jacket fits very well. It’s not fashion forward, and ‘too small,’ a la Thom Browne, but does in fact look like he probably had it tailored to fit him as it does. For instance, the sleeves are a perfect fit, and he’s showing the perfect amount of cuff, and he doesn’t look like a tall guy, so I’d guess the sleeves were shortened. The pants, however, look like they’re straight out of the 80s, which may be what he going for, but I think if they were shorter, and slimmed down in the leg some, they’d be much more flattering. But if we believe that all these ‘true preps’ are so secure in their race and class status that they neither need, seek, nor appreciate flattery, then I guess his outfit is, by dint of the fact that he has become defined by the prep renaissance as someone who is always already perfectly dressed (because what he wears IS perfect itself—because it’s done effortlessly, with a got to hell attitude, or whatever) perfect…

Alan B. left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 1:25 PM:

Nice looking, conservative outfit.  I’d ditch the cufflinks since the blazer buttons give enough metal to the sleeve.

Sam left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 10:46 AM:

The pinky ring is pretty hilarious.

www.mensstyle101.blogspot.com

Old Trad left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 10:31 AM:

Finally, a man wearing a jacket that fits him, instead of one that is at least one size too small.

pat s left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 9:59 AM:

while this looks screams get away from me that is what makes it great.

Wog left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 9:01 AM:

great look!

• Horse Bit

Dress Code  

Noteworthy: Pairing of go-to-hell pants with navy blazer, horse bit loafers sans socks, "none-of-your-damn-business" smirk.

Jul 26, 2010 | Permalink (11) View/Leave Comments

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 9:16 PM:

Brilliant!

bunny left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 8:38 PM:

i really like this picture. the shade washes him out like the red of his reds. classic scenery and look. priceless face. enjoying wedding guest week :)

Straw Boater left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 1:28 PM:

Guy looks good. 

abc left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 10:16 AM:

Looks like Spalding got a “time-out”

The Boss left a comment on 7/26/2010 at 6:09 PM:

Classic look.

Wackadoodle left a comment on 7/26/2010 at 12:25 PM:

All that’s missing is the scotch on the rocks and the frigid wife.

robdarko left a comment on 7/26/2010 at 9:31 AM:

IMHO:  This is the standard.

Dave left a comment on 7/26/2010 at 8:52 AM:

Good job, sir.  Nice shoes. 

Andy left a comment on 7/26/2010 at 8:09 AM:

Great outfit!  I need to find a couple occasions to pull out my Nantucket reds before the summer’s over.

Trailer Trad left a comment on 7/26/2010 at 7:39 AM:

Great look. The expression on his face says “The ferry back to the Mainland is NEVER on time!” -I wore my Guccis yesterday, but with socks (it WAS church, afterall).

Laguna Beach Trad left a comment on 7/26/2010 at 7:13 AM:

Nice. This is a classic look. And horsebit loafers, despite what some provincials say, are de rigueur. What else can one say?

• Older Posts