• Knot Belt Co.

Style  

Grosgrain ribbon is a summer staple. It’s right up there with white bucks. While you can underscore its virtues with a watchband, some occasions call for something a bit more ostentatious in the form of a belt—and by “some occasions,” I mean anytime you damn well please between Easter and Labor Day.

Original Knot Belt

Knot Belt Co. was founded by Nick Mannella out of an appreciation for his beloved east coast, an affinity for golf and a corporate banquet dress code mishap. While most ribbon belts depict an array of stripes, Knot Belt Co.’s eponymous grosgrain ribbon belt touts just that—a knot. His belts are made in America—in his own backyard of New England. The small repeating motif print is nothing new but the knot feels fresh. This fall will introduce the much anticipated option of brass hardware, and at $35 it won’t pick your pocket when you cinch one on.

Jul 16, 2010 | Permalink (8) View/Leave Comments

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 7/19/2010 at 12:42 PM:

@robdarko—Very true…

robdarko left a comment on 7/19/2010 at 9:02 AM:

I wear my ribbon belts year round in So Fla.  It’s perpetual summer in Miami.

Thomas left a comment on 7/18/2010 at 12:07 AM:

I LOVE your blog so MUCH!!! Keep up all the amazing post!
    Another essential tip—shop at Gilt. It has been featured in the NY Times, YAHOO, and others refutable sites. Gilt Groupe provides invitation-only access, to men’s and women’s coveted fashion and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off retail and even more on the final sales on brands from Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers, Gant and everything unabashedly prep in between.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 7/17/2010 at 7:57 PM:

@Will—No, I loosely adhere to the Easter through Labor Day rule. Timing is everything.

Will left a comment on 7/17/2010 at 3:30 PM:

F.E., do you really follow the inane “memorial through labor day” law?

Laguna Beach Trad left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 6:10 PM:

I really like these.

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 5:49 PM:

They are sick! I want one!

Paul left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 5:17 PM:

Holy s**t!  These belts really rock!

• Cable-V

Dress Code  

Photographed in Newport, RI

Jul 15, 2010 | Permalink (26) View/Leave Comments

Alan Collins left a comment on 5/13/2011 at 4:05 PM:

Love it! I love polo signs (small, discreet polo signs)I like to know what brand a person is wearing, as long as it is discreet and classy. I like to ONLY wear Polo Ralph Lauren. I studied different preppy brands to see which one I could fill my entire closer with and not have to buy outside of the brand and Polo won out easily. Only Brooks Brother’s came close to matching POLO.

Joey dee left a comment on 7/27/2010 at 11:22 PM:

Fabulous picture.  As I looked through these pics on this terrific blog I could not help but feel as though there was a hipstmatic app being utilized in some shots. I love that app and am afraid that I may run out of space on my phone for the amount of pics saved. Love the site. My morning news, cause the rest of is is full of crashing bores!

Bill Smith left a comment on 7/19/2010 at 12:30 PM:

She looks elegant and it’s testimony that simplicity works best.

JMW left a comment on 7/18/2010 at 12:40 PM:

She is so very naturally beutiful! I hope that she has a copy of this photo to keep.

Cary Randolph left a comment on 7/17/2010 at 2:46 PM:

This girl’s eyes perfectly match Narragansett Bay behind her.

@FEC I am loving all the Newport shots. Keep them coming!

@Kiel James Patrick, a favorite combination of mine is a long evening dress with my most beat-up baseball cap. And bare feet. And good Champagne. (It’s all about balance).

Kiel James Patrick left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 10:52 PM:

Classic Effortless Elegance…..  would have been pulled off perfectly with a white lucky baseball cap.

Hannah left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 9:12 PM:

This photograph is gorgeous. Very classic.

AlanC left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 8:40 PM:

She looks great.

Ryan left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 4:35 PM:

Well Fred you know I enjoy this one. Also, I miss Newport.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 1:32 PM:

@Andy—Trust me, we were all drinking.

Andy left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 1:29 PM:

I submit that there is little or nothing more “prep” than an attractive blonde in a fitted Polo Ralph Lauren sweater boozing in Newport, Rhode Island.  (Let’s pretend that’s not water in her wine glass.) 

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 10:22 AM:

@Pat S.—The answer to your question isn’t worth an entire post so I will answer it here.  I shoot most of the content on Unabashedly Prep with two cameras: Canon 5D w/50mm f/1.2 and iPhone (Hipstamatic app).

Pat S left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 10:04 AM:

Fred, a little off topic but I would love to see a post on what your photog gear includes.  What do you shoot with for fun, what about for work?

Emmy left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 9:28 AM:

It’s lovely. It’s simple. Some days it’s nice to throw on something classic rather than dwelling on 30 miniscule details which comprise each maticulously chosen outfit. Well done.

AEV left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 8:13 AM:

Nice.

Laguna Beach Trad left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 7:16 AM:

Beautiful. I prefer v-neck jumpers like this one over crewneck jumpers. I’m not a fan of Polo logos either, but in her case it can be overlooked. This is such a classic photo. Well done.

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 11:39 PM:

JMH, try brooks brothers or l.l bean.

anthony left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 11:21 PM:

great shot fred.

RWF left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 9:49 PM:

I wonder how a v-neck cable would look on a modern preppy guy?!

www.PleasurableRevelation.com

JMH left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 8:28 PM:

Cable-knits are my absolute favorite sweaters… I just need to find a good one to buy.  Suggestions for guys?  RL is obvious, but any others?

Justin Kipp left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 7:53 PM:

A piece I can always stand behind is a Ralph Lauren cableknit sweater. Not to mention this shot is quintessentially new england prep. Love it.

bunny left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 7:43 PM:

winsome prep. very pretty…

Robin left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 6:52 PM:

Wonderful wonderful wonderful.

See ladies, we have NO excuse to *not* look classy. Throw out everything you own that says “PINK” on it. Immediately.

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 6:52 PM:

Classy, classic, simple, elegant. Great picture!

M.D. Cooley left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 6:13 PM:

I like this shot you approached it more as an ad as opposed to your usual style for dress code photos. Looks great.

Justin James left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 4:47 PM:

As always, I’m a fan of simplicity. This is easy, casual, and elegant at the same time. Proof again it doesn’t take much to look incredible.

• Meet the Hilfigers

Style  

Tommy Hilfiger is back. And he brought family.

“This new ad campaign...takes our visual identity in a fresh new direction while respecting our brand aesthetic,” Tommy tells Women’s Wear Daily. “This is the first campaign to truly capture the brand’s 25 year heritage of twisted, pretty American sportswear.”

And twisted and pretty it is...the family too. Bloody Mary-loving mummy, daddy, a parade of kids, including a son kicked out of boarding school, a Portuguese exchange student who never left, a mute daughter and two floppy-eared basset hounds gallivant in their Jeep Grand Wagoneer for what’s been dubbed “The Ultimate Tailgate.”

The fall campaign, photographed by Craig McDean and styled by Karl Templer, exemplifies a Royal Tenenbaums touch of quirkiness and humor. And it should. I have always thought Tommy to be the preppy cousin that never took himself too seriously. Templer touts depth, daring and imagination in his arrangements—convincing each and every one of us that Tommy Hilfiger truly is for daddy as much as it is for Bunny.

"Noah Hilfiger is easy on the eyes. Hard on cars. Moving violations everywhere—from Boston to Baltimore—but still not a scratch on him."

And the Hilfigers aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. The fashionable (and fictitious) family will appear in future installments and are profiled in detail on the “Meet the Hilfigers” section of Tommy.com. Though old-money, they have embraced new media. Noah’s indie rock bands will be popping up on Pandora while Mummy and Daddy surf Facebook and Twitter to keep tabs on their boarding school delinquent son. Other social media features include Chloe’s closet, Morgan’s [one of the basset hounds] Must-Haves and Bernard’s Books. Now this is family.

Jul 14, 2010 | Permalink (34) View/Leave Comments

Gregory Tenenbaum left a comment on 8/3/2013 at 10:35 PM:

I’m pretty sure they are trying to catch our family vibe with this. I’ll have to ask my cousin Margot what she thinks.

I like it.

G.T.

keith left a comment on 10/5/2011 at 4:28 PM:

I really dig the 80’s prep look!

alick left a comment on 11/25/2010 at 8:47 PM:

can anyone please tell me how to get hold of the plaid tartan travel bag on the floor next to the two models and young girl

Archiekins left a comment on 10/24/2010 at 3:04 PM:

i think its a wonderful and interesting campaign..it literally jumped out at me from the pages of the magazine…i hope we get to learn more about the The hilfigers :)

happy left a comment on 8/5/2010 at 9:19 PM:

Isn’t that old guy the brook brothers old guy?

patrick gremmen left a comment on 8/4/2010 at 6:54 AM:

GREAT CAMPAIGN!!!From this moment i love Tommy Hilfiger…

Katie left a comment on 7/28/2010 at 6:56 PM:

I can’t find the “Meet the Hilfigers” section on tommy.com

Joey dee left a comment on 7/26/2010 at 9:58 PM:

It is a nice campaign, I will give it that, one that has been long overdue. I Love the khakis on pic number six and what looks to be a deep cuff. I prefer the quality that rl offers and do believe that he and a couple others like rougues gallery, band of outsiders, gitman bros and save kahki do a better job and think that if th is to make a good comeback he should limit some of his supply and get it out of macys.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 7/20/2010 at 2:25 PM:

@RMA—My living room loosely resembles this aesthetic.

Ashton left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 11:01 PM:

I would at the very least try on every women’s piece in this campaign, save for the thigh-high boots, and some of the men’s, too. This is just about everything I love about classic style in one great setting.

RMA left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 8:10 PM:

What would this style look like as a living room?

naked left a comment on 7/16/2010 at 4:12 AM:

Nice. I like the ‘I am not taking myself too serious’-attitude. Of course TH did not invent the wheel from scratch but who cares? It is nice to see him on track again.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 11:54 PM:

@Laguna Beach Trad—Thanks for sharing that memory about your family’s house-shopping experience. Fun little fact.

Sam left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 11:38 PM:

Pretty sure that’s the most bad ass jeep ever made.

www.MensStyle101.blogspot.com

Laguna Beach Trad left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 11:20 PM:

This is a really good look. Well done. It definitely reminds me of Wes Anderson.

BTW, for what it’s worth, my family almost bought T. Hilfiger’s house in Greenwich in the late ‘80s. Nice spread. The neighbours (at the time) had excellent things to say about him.

unitedstyle left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 4:06 PM:

Kinda reminds me of the Tennessee Lawrence (name?) family campaign from Kate Spade a few years ago. Doesn’t every fashion brand do the “big group family-and-friends artfully draped across furniture” campaign eventually?

M.D. Cooley left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 3:24 PM:

Who cares if rugby, hilfiger etc copy the classic designers like j.press and brooks brothers! That’s good it encourages progress and new ideas as well as offering similar items to appeal to a larger demographic. Just because they didn’t do it first they shouldn’t do it at all? That is ridiculous I’m glad there are companies “copying” the older brands it provides us with more options , and really who can complain about that? If you don’t like a particular company don’t buy their stuff as simple as that.

P.S. I think these photos are perfect and the story makes things more fun although supper cheesey it’s cute.

NWR left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 2:29 PM:

Good looking clothes, especially for men. Period.

Glenn left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 1:50 PM:

I love this look and campaign.  I can not begin to fathom the issue people are having with it.  TH may have lost his way but I too was around when he first went mainstream and he put out some really good stuff before he “lost his way”.  I said a couple of weeks ago that I would reserve judgement until I saw more, well Kudos that he’s back.

robdarko left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 1:20 PM:

Very well F.E.C., I will judge the apparel in person as soon as it is available.  But I will be very upset if I see a flag or laurelled crest on any of the garments.  I am looking for a certain preppy banality.

M left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 1:08 PM:

I’ll reserve ultimate judgement on the clothing pending personal inspection. The right kind of girl will be able to pull off the neo-bean boot but only if she is unbelievably gorgeous or that oh so rare combination of playfulness and sass that I have been searching my whole life for. Ladies who fail to fit this description - tread carefully. With respect to the ad campaign, its contrived, but I like it. It recalls the Smirnoff Ice ‘Tea Partay,’ video: whoever put the campaign together at least did their homework and (so-far) demonstrates respect for the source material. The R. Tannenbaums comparison is apt, but Wes Anderson was not the first artist to portray dysfunctional rich people and their quirks. He was merely the best in recent memory. High marks are earned by the campaign designer for choosing the tongue-in-cheek approach as opposed copying RL’s overserious, artfully-airbrushed, and ultimately unnatainable vision of perfection. This campaign recognizes that the romance is in the decline, not the achievement.

Ryan Plett left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 12:44 PM:

I dig all of this, 100%... It’s what a lookbook should be… it makes you LOOK…right? Right?

Anna left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 11:48 AM:

I agree, the high-heeled bean boots are only for fashionistas. But I’m sure there is a market for them. After all, one top designer (can’t remember who it was) made a rude copy of the bean gum shoe one or two years back.

For the rest, I belong to the minority that actually likes the ad. Of course they’re over the top. Of course they’re riding the band wagon. But I like the details, the woollen socks paired with skirts and slacks, the elbow-tall gloves, high heels and ties at a tailgate picnic… there’s a sense of go to hell in the ad.

Trip left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 10:16 AM:

I actually really like this as well.  I’m not sure if they were trying to compete with Rugby or not, but if they were, I would agree with Fred.  Almost everything pictured looks very wearable (OK, maybe except the stripper-heel Bean Boots), something that I don’t think Rugby can boast about.  So much of their stuff looks too costumey and too tongue-in-cheek.  I like this.

foxtrotfoxtort left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 5:28 AM:

absolutely adore these photographs! cannot wait for this collection!

xoxo

http://foxtrotfoxtrot12.blogspot.com/

M.D.Cooley left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 2:57 AM:

Oooh that Black Watch jacket looks awesome. Where si the “Meet the Hilfigers” section on the website I cant find it.

bunny left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 1:39 AM:

i’m totally crazy about these and can’t wait to see the hilfiger’s in magazines. morgan’s must-haves…so cute!

Thomas left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 12:27 AM:

I LOVE your blog so MUCH!!! Keep up all the amazing post!
    Another essential tip—shop at Gilt. It has been featured in the NY Times, YAHOO, and others refutable sites. Gilt Groupe provides invitation-only access, to men’s and women’s coveted fashion and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off retail and even more on the final sales on brands from Ralph Lauren to Michael Kors, Vince, Brooks Brothers, and everything unabashedly prep in between. Each sale lasts only online for 36 hours and many items sell out quickly. Please use my exclusive invites:
    http://www.gilt.com/invite/mylink69942
    To be honest, I was skeptical at first, but after I have joined I never really have to shop anywhere else anymore.

Richard Ross left a comment on 7/15/2010 at 12:13 AM:

...gosh, down to the exact same car. Ripped off.

“This is a Ralph Lauren ad campaign where everyone’s in a good mood.” Haha so well put.

kiki left a comment on 7/14/2010 at 11:01 PM:

interesting.

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/14/2010 at 10:02 PM:

I think this are good news. I’ll love to see more of it. I think it is too good to be true. Time will show us.

James left a comment on 7/14/2010 at 7:20 PM:

Tommy’s still around?!!  Holy crap!  Isn’t he exclusive to Macy’s and his own stores?  Best of luck TH.  Some of the pieces do look good.  Thanks for sharing FEC.

Andy left a comment on 7/14/2010 at 6:09 PM:

Great photos with some nice looking patterns and excellent cars.  This is a Ralph Lauren ad campaign where everyone’s in a good mood.  I haven’t purchased any Hilfiger in more than ten years but may have to give it a second chance; the non logo-emblazoned items all look great.

Heavy Tweed Jacket left a comment on 7/14/2010 at 6:08 PM:

It will be interesting to see how the family saga and the collection develop.

• Imagination

Miscellany  

Jul 13, 2010 | Permalink (6) View/Leave Comments

herr. Eriksen left a comment on 8/23/2010 at 4:41 PM:

Love the font that you use on these quotes.

Astrild left a comment on 7/14/2010 at 2:07 PM:

@Hannah There are a lot of other blogs that focus on preppy women’s fashion, however, they all seem to emphasize the ubiquitous Lilly Pulitzer look , which is really not my preferred style of dress. I appreciate that F.E.C. often posts photos of women clad in something other than pink and green.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 7/14/2010 at 10:21 AM:

@Hannah—Browse through Dress Code.  I believe there are just as many photographs of girls as there are guys.

Hannah left a comment on 7/14/2010 at 10:15 AM:

I love this quote…but do you have any traditionally preppy pictures of girls? There are so many pictures of boys, and while they look absolutely great (and I wish I knew more guys who dressed like them…), there is a lack of “the preppy girl”.

peter van bruggen left a comment on 7/13/2010 at 4:39 PM:

imagination being the mother of all ingredients needed to gain knowledge.
    Wondefull thank you for reminding me.

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/13/2010 at 3:22 PM:

So true and so classic!

• Daddy’s Polo

Dress Code  

Photographed in Boston, MA

Noteworthy: dad's polo from the '80s, fit and cut of his shorts (with swim trunks peeking out), adoption of the New Wayfarer (Ray-Ban), and Kiel James Patrick surcingle rope belt (coming late summer).

Jul 12, 2010 | Permalink (40) View/Leave Comments

prp left a comment on 3/7/2012 at 9:00 AM:

I thought men aren’t supposed to wear jewelry….except signet rings…

Adam left a comment on 10/11/2011 at 6:42 AM:

Where did the classic look go? This may say dad but it reminds me of my summers passed as a kid.

Jon left a comment on 7/15/2011 at 12:57 PM:

Most everything works. I prefer the original Wayfarers, but the new ones are cool too.

GenBeauregardsTonic left a comment on 5/23/2011 at 1:55 AM:

Mr. Patrick should make some croakies to hang those glasses from…. I’d buy em.

Hannah left a comment on 7/17/2010 at 1:08 PM:

This is in the Back Bay, right? Looks like Newbury Street!

RWF left a comment on 7/14/2010 at 11:08 PM:

excellent look and photo….F.E. what lens/camera do you use if I may ask :)?

RWF

www.PleasurableRevelation.com

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 7/14/2010 at 10:32 AM:

@Andy (AJM)—I agree that these rope bracelets need context. They go well with a nautical inspired look, near the water, boat shoes, etc.

@Joey dee—Kiel James Patrick rope bracelets are not only made in the USA but specifically in the state of Rhode Island.

Murphy left a comment on 7/13/2010 at 10:48 PM:

He looks like a character from a Bret Easton Ellis book. (I mean that in the best way possible!!)

Andy left a comment on 7/13/2010 at 2:41 PM:

@Sam and @Joey Dee, if I’m reading all of this correctly then the gentleman in the photo is Kiel James Patrick and his company makes both the featured bracelet and the belt.  www.keiljamespatrick.com

Af for bracelets on men, I enjoy my two KJP bracelets as well as a few smaller leather ones.  The trick is figuring out when to wear them; I love them with casual wear on weekends and especially if I’m near the water.  I’ll also leave one one occasionally to work along with my watch if I plan to keep my sleeves rolled down most of the day; I like showing a flash of color on the wrist.  I’d be curious for any insight from FEC on this too.

AJM (as opposed to another Andy here)

Joey dee left a comment on 7/13/2010 at 1:21 PM:

Great photo. Love the look, the hat bothers though. I would like to know which website the belts will be available on. Are they hand made American? I love American made goods, nothing could be preppier.

Kevin left a comment on 7/13/2010 at 12:09 PM:

Love the look. Good combinations!

www.furiouspaint.com

CLG23 left a comment on 7/13/2010 at 11:52 AM:

That belt!.....I need
    I hope business venture is successful Kiel

S.N. Carpeaux left a comment on 7/13/2010 at 11:33 AM:

Love the shorts and polo, but really, his expression is the best part.

Karlin Connell left a comment on 7/13/2010 at 9:37 AM:

ohhh Mr. McKivergan. Thank you for your rendition of a day I’ll never forget. I just laughed through your whole post.

Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn. Your style is perfect because it is perfectly you. Never change it. Ever.

That image is great…now aren’t you glad I forced you to laugh!

Keep it classy KJP!

-karlin

Astrild left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 11:43 PM:

@Sam—I think his bracelet here is a rope bracelet, but I suppose at first glance it does kind of look like a bangle, heh.

Bracelets like this on guys seem boyish and irreverent to me, which entirely fits in with a casual summer outfit like this. I suppose it all depends on the fella and what else he’s wearing.

Sam left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 11:10 PM:

I do love the fit on the guys shorts, very well tailored.  The polo is nice. you’d never know its vintage-ish. 

How does everyone feel about bracelets on guys?  I like some of the ones that have been featured, but I feel like this guys gives off a totally feminine vibe.

Kim Faucher left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 8:28 PM:

ummm Im loving the hat but then again, Im another preppy from New England ;)

charlene left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 7:48 PM:

great look for newbury!

Kiel James Patrick left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 7:11 PM:

Youngin’s,

When I was your age I remember myself asking the same sort of questions looking for answers to matters that bothered me so.  So here is the quick version:
    On the evening preceding this photo, this old bird had been invited to the 41 North Grand opening in Newport (thanks to Cary Randolph, my latest favorite acquaintance).  Please keep in mind anytime you’re in New England to book a stay, this place is unmatched.  Unfortunately, 41 offered an open bar which being a “Patrick” took full advantage of.  The night is a blur of stirring conversation, bright white laughing smiles and my own slurred voice mumbling things that I typically keep caged in the ‘ol grey (“gray” to those who prefer it) matter.

Right right … quick version.  So the next morning I don’t know who I am or where I was but Karlin gives a call to pick up F.E. at South Station & afterward convene with herself and friends at Crane Neck beach to knock together a couple Independence day memories.  The world was spinning faster than typical as I threw on my bathing suit and a pair of well fitting shorts right out of my Red Sox duffle bag that I had packed (just in case I hadn’t made it home the night before).  I went to the bathroom and realized there was no time for a shower and threw my 7 yr lucky old baseball cap on hoping to hide my disheveled, unkempt hair.  We popped in my Jeep went several miles before realizing my t-shirt was the same color blue as my damn shorts.  Sh*t… I looked like a post office worker.  Luckily I had my daddy’s beat up, green RL polo in the back. I threw it on and away I went. 

Needless to say the day went straight up from there.  Crane-Neck beach was covered in jamokes (jersey shore type characters) so we just spent the day in Boston (keep in mind I rocked my bathing suit the entire day which was extremely uncomfortable (webbing)).  Many many a memory including a homeless guy lighting fireworks, a pant-less man/woman walking down the street, a woman riding the hood of a Mercedes Benz at 40 MPH unintentionally, a robbery at a sun-glass store when I was trying to purchase some shades as I forgot my others at home, and then lastly F.E. Castleberry deciding today was a good day for me to have a picture taken for U.P. 

You kids keep me young… I thank ya kindly for it.

—Kiel James Patrick

Ps.  Meeting tomm morning regarding belts.  If all goes right those hand-made, nautical knotted beauties will be available online at the end of this week.

Laguna Beach Trad left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 6:42 PM:

This is perfect! So 80s, and yet contemporary too.

Not a fan of basketball caps like his, but love the polo, shorts, and boat shoes.

Sean D left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 6:32 PM:

I am all about things passed down from my elders, but just because they wore it doesnt mean you have to. I have my grandfathers old hat from college hanging on my wall. I love it too much to wear it, but also cant quite pull off hats as well as he once did… wish I had known you guys were all going to be in town! can’t wait for the belts to be released!

bunny left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 5:53 PM:

beachy awesome.

mjl left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 4:31 PM:

this is ironic.  i’m wearing a red polo that was my dad’s, along with one of his old needlepoint belts as i type.  good taste Kiel.  now get those damn belts out on the market!

Jenna B. left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 2:47 PM:

KIEL JAMES PATRICK!!  Wow!  This guy is the real deal.

robdarko left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 2:47 PM:

Due to the hinges, I think the RB2140 (54mm lenses) are the most flattering.  If you are going to wear Wayfarers, not produced by Bausch & Lomb, these are the most flattering on everyone.  IMHO.

Daddy’s Polo?  Perfect (sans cap).

L.A.S left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 2:45 PM:

Fred- You like the RB2132’s? I must politely disagree with you my man.  I think they are the worst Wayfarer style ever! The lenses are too short and meet the stems at no angle.  Not to self promote (since my blog is wack anyway), but I did a nice little round up on the Wayfarer Family a little while back…for anyone who is interested…

http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot.com/2010/03/wayfarer-family.html

The Boss left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 2:33 PM:

L.A.S.—The New Wayfarer is much better suited for certain face shapes. I myself have a tortoise shell pair that I wear religiously. I’m guessing this frame is more flattering on him, also.

KJP bracelets are dope. Hopefully they will expand their retail outlets in the future.

anthony left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 2:16 PM:

everything about this photo is great

Robin left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 2:09 PM:

Isn’t this model the man behind Kiel James Patrick’s rope bracelets and etc.?

Christian Bourasseau left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 1:59 PM:

Nice preppy look. It seems it’s very hot out there.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 1:03 PM:

@L.A.S.—Those New Wayfarers are indeed the RB2132s. I believe these are an addition to an already burgeoning collection of original Wayfarers.

DAM left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 12:47 PM:

What’s wrong with the new wayfarer’s I kinda dig them.

daphne left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 12:23 PM:

love it….looks like you got a little trim??

L.A.S left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 12:12 PM:

When you say New Wayfarer are we talking the RB2132’s?  I hope not.

Buffy left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 12:11 PM:

Your a great model, love your products, webs-site, and humor. One simple Social Media hello Preppy Keil and Sarah you never answer back on Twitter.  Klout matters.  Retail is about customer service, and convo with customers preppy girls and boys.

Neal Gibeau left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 12:04 PM:

that brim is properly tattered - love it

Garrett left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 12:03 PM:

I have been waiting for KJP to come out with a belt.

Cary Randolph left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 11:59 AM:

Very handsome! Also noteworthy: PDA in hand because even preppy dudes-about-town have to stay connected to the office.

georgie left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 11:43 AM:

I love this photo, Boston is the place to be.

Nate left a comment on 7/12/2010 at 11:42 AM:

Awesome summer look..

• Newer Posts Older Posts