Alright, so it’s Black Friday week. Which is stupid, of course, as Black Friday is supposed to be a DAY, and not a week, but what can you do?
I’ll tell you what you can do… You can go save yourself a whack of cash. Simple, easy as pie. Get out there and save, or even better, just surf the web – let’s let the suckers troll the malls for crappy gear.
Each year, I try to do a Black Friday sales special, and this year is absolutely no exception. This year, we take one of my favorite things of the year (smoking and dabbing, of course), and find the sale on the coolest, best looking smoking devices and bongs available. So, we have Thick Ass Glass.
A Little About TAG
Thick Ass Glass, or TAG as they are also called, are one of the best online headshops around. These guys literally have the cleanest set of water pipes and bongs on the web, but the most important point to make is that these are all heavy glass bongs. Like, if someone breaks into your house, pick up your TAG bong and hit them with it. It’s practically a guarantee that the bong survives.
Basic fact: TAG tends to have water pipes that are made with AT LEAST 5mm thick glass, with some pieces using 7, 9, 12 and 14mm glass! What this means is that the key bugaboo for virtually any smoker, i.e. breaking your bong during a session, is virtually nonexistent. That’s right, you literally have to try as hard as possible to break a Thick Ass Glass water pipe or dab rig. I kid you not, as I’ve owned many of their pieces for years, and no matter the drop, the glass pipes these dudes make just live on.
At any rate, TAG is having a huge Black Friday sale… that means like 30% off of everything in the store (and this is a very low priced store to begin with!). So I thought I’d take a look at a few of their winners. Let’s start with…
Cheap Water Pipes And Bongs
We all have different tastes, I know, but I’m more of a flower guy than a dab guy. So my bong picks are ones that I frankly will be selecting from when I give myself my annual Christmas gift (can’t exactly ask my Mom for a bong, now can I?). TAG’s huge bong collection is here. Here are my top 3 picks:
1. The TAG 14″ Beaker Bong – Yep, it’s a classic. Nothing brings me back to the good ol’ days like this classic beaker water pipe, a throwback to the time when clear scientific glass was king, and everything wasn’t some kind of brutal tie-dye hippie-dippy design. This bong is a beauty in terms of minimalism, and foregoes one of TAG’s main skills – that being percolators. Instead, you get a classic diffusing downstem, and some of the thickest glass (9mm) I’ve ever seen in this style of beaker water pipe. This one is top of my list, and I may be picking it up sooner than later!
2. The 16″ Double Honeycomb To Spinning Splashguard – This thing is an absolute beast of percolation power. Not only are we talking about a 16″ tall mega bong – we are also talking 7mm glass with a 15mm base. That is some practically unbreakable bong action right there, friends, and the smoothness of the hits is virtually guaranteed. Honeycomb percs are easily a favorite of mine (they also do a few fritted disc classics as well), and the spinning splashguard can provide quite a show. But don’t believe me… watch the video below, man!
3. The 12″ Single Honeycomb To Fixed 8 Arm Tree – OK, so this one sports a spinning splashguard as well, meaning three percs for a bong that comes to under $100. This is a winner for those that like their water pipes smaller, but still a good size. The glass is a little thinner here at 4mm, but come on, folks! Not only is it an amazing 14mm jointed piece, it can be had with colored glass accents for only 80ish dollars. What’s not to love here?
Dabbing either wax, shatter, cake batter or whatever else is picking up steam in the world of smoking. People tend to like the concentrates because they’re cleaner, quicker to consume, and don’t smell as intensely as flower. It makes sense, really. TAG’s huge dab rig collection is here. Here are my top 3 picks:
1. The TAG 9.25″ Klein – OK. So this dab rig is pretty. Like stunningly pretty, particularly when ordered with Double Mai Tai or Blue Stardust glass. I’m not currently on the hunt for or dating a “dabbing lady”, but if I was, this would be what I would buy for her. Frankly, if I could spare the $200ish to buy one, I would likely get one for myself! And yet, these Klein recyclers are really cool looking and are very functional. If you have a bit of cash you want to drop on a dabbing friend of yours or even yourself, I really can’t imagine finding a better dab rig for the money.
2. 8″ Super Slit UFO Fab Egg – The Faberge egg-style bong is one of the coolest designs I’ve ever seen. What’s crazy about TAG’s Faberge egg water pipe is that not only does it offer a recycling chamber and a classic round perc – it also rings in at under $200. If you are the type that has done shopping for Fab Egg pipes before, you know that this is frankly a bit of an insane price. Most of the Fab Eggs out there can run $500+, so when I see a second quality for $84, my mind is effectively blown. Love the look of these, whether the thick glass is colored or not!
3. 7″ Bent Neck Showerhead Puck Dab Rig – This is for folks that are looking to spend a little to a lot less (how about $30-40?) that want a small, simple and no nonsense dab rig. The size of this one is tight, but the terpenes and flavors tend to come out more in a less diffused rig, without a doubt. I like this thing as a cute little rig to keep around for some intense dabbing sessions.
Naturally, TAG’s massive Black Friday/Christmas sale is not one to sneeze at. This happens every year, and every year I pick up far too much glass for my own good. The truly fantastic bit is that TAG literally discounts EVERYTHING in their online headshop, which means everything from Ash Catchers to Bubblers to Titanium Nails are also on sale. This is your time to pick up some high quality smoking accessories, friends.
After all, what would the holiday season be without a few high quality smoking sessions? Pretty dull is my thinking. So get over to Thick Ass Glass today. You are going to love that glass, and I’d be willing to bet your bong or dab rig is still in perfect shape come next year! Check it out, friends!