The Wardrobe series, a new feature in Dress Code where I share my wardrobe by way of looks I actually wear, continues with a summer uniform reserved for garden parties, church, and any other afternoon gathering requiring a coat and tie.
1. Rugby navy silk knit tie
2. Rugby linen/silk/wool herringbone jacket
3. Smathers & Branson surcingle needlepoint belt (monogrammed)
4. Brooks Brothers university stripe oxford cloth button down shirt
5. Eyebobs tortoise shell eyeglasses
Though originally readers, I liked them so much I shoved prescription lenses into them. The tort shell frames channel an exaggerated P3 silhouette. A bit of a signature now for me.
6. Tommy Hilfiger white bucks
Complete with red brick sole and buck suede uppers, these summer staples boast a chambray foot-bed—a treat when wearing barefoot. I really don’t care to clean mine before each season. When it comes to (dirty) white bucks, the dirtier the better.
7. Timex Easy Reader watch w/J.Crew nylon strap
8. J.McLaughlin gingham pocket square
Hand-rolled edges with contrast stitching. It’s that attention to detail I appreciate in J.McLaughlin’s accessories.
9. Rugby chinos in go-to-hell hue