• House Call

Dress Code  

Photographed in Greenwich, CT

Jan 22, 2010 | Permalink (9) View/Leave Comments

Genevieve left a comment on 5/16/2010 at 7:56 PM:

The bag is vintage Dooney and Bourke. I’m quite sure because I have one in beige myself.

TinsleyT left a comment on 4/29/2010 at 10:09 PM:

Hi guys, I love her bag. Any idea who it’s by and where can I get it?

Lucky left a comment on 2/2/2010 at 9:19 AM:

Can’t wait to see this smile on Saturday!!

JoJoba left a comment on 1/23/2010 at 9:54 PM:

Such a great look… and what a great smile

Simon Leigh left a comment on 1/23/2010 at 4:55 AM:

Amazing look, the shoes, bow tie & bag really turn it into something special :)

Graham Hutson left a comment on 1/22/2010 at 9:18 PM:

She’d got it going on, and I bet she didn’t even think about those complementing shades.
    And everybody loves a smile.
    www.openzedoor.blogspot.com

Richard Ross left a comment on 1/22/2010 at 1:35 PM:

Who isn’t in love with Cassandra?

The Boss left a comment on 1/22/2010 at 10:37 AM:

Fred—I think you’re in love with Cassandra. Ha! This is a cute look, though.

cws left a comment on 1/22/2010 at 10:21 AM:

delicious

• Like A Rock

Miscellany  

Jan 21, 2010 | Permalink (4) View/Leave Comments

David left a comment on 1/21/2010 at 8:28 PM:

That’s one of my favorite quotes from Mr. J.

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 1/21/2010 at 5:50 PM:

Kelsey—You and so many others want to know where to pick these repp tie wrap bracelets up.  I’ll be writing about that very soon.

kelsey left a comment on 1/21/2010 at 4:28 PM:

Hi! I have a question, and didn’t know where else to post it, so I figured you would check this.
    You know those “ribbon-like” bracelets, they kind of look like ties/belts. Where might I find one. I really like them and haven’t been able to find them anywhere.
    I thought you might know.
    Thanks!

Graham Hutson left a comment on 1/21/2010 at 1:27 PM:

Where do you find these quotes? They are so on the mark. Excellent.

• Grant K. Gibson

Style  

In 2007, Grant K. Gibson, an interior designer, offered his future landlord a deal; in exchange for two months’ free rent ($3,000), he would renovate his San Francisco apartment. The landlord agreed, and Mr. Gibson went to work. He spent weeks staining the hardwood floors walnut, retiling the bathroom floor, painting the walls and scouring flea markets “to create a timeless, neutral palette that I could layer furniture onto,” he says. The grand reveal isn’t too far off from a Ralph Lauren Home showroom on the Upper West Side. The details are meticulous (he and I both share an affinity for trophy cups). “I’ve created a space that I just love,” says Mr. Gibson. “When I do find the right place to buy, I’ll want to do all of the same things that I did here” (read the full article at The New York Times).

Images via The New York Times

Jan 20, 2010 | Permalink (11) View/Leave Comments

F.E. Castleberry left a comment on 2/5/2010 at 12:49 PM:

DAM—Grant picked the pillow up in London about 10 years ago.

DAM left a comment on 1/27/2010 at 11:17 AM:

Where could I procure the crown pillow?

Robin left a comment on 1/22/2010 at 1:32 PM:

Love that last bedroom. I may copy it.

Grant Gibson left a comment on 1/21/2010 at 3:44 PM:

Thank you SO MUCH for this feature!
    I am loving your site.

For Sam:
    I would call it a bar cart or station.
    Here is a link to create the look for $69.95

http://www.zgallerie.com/p-2789-croco-butlers-tray.aspx

Thanks again.

Grant

grantkgibson.com

Sam left a comment on 1/21/2010 at 2:54 PM:

What’s the technical word for the table on which he has all his alcohol?

Sam left a comment on 1/21/2010 at 8:56 AM:

Just shy of the whole thing being too showy.  Well played.
    crabapplenyc.wordpress.com

nathan left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 12:25 PM:

yep, looks like it’s plucked right out of the NYC or Chicago Ralph Lauren stores. Wish i had the money to hit a home run like that.

Christian DePrepp left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 12:17 PM:

Too Beautiful

Jack left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 12:06 PM:

fantastic.

www.thisisnotnew.com

robdarko left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 11:32 AM:

Exquisite.

Graham Hutson left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 10:45 AM:

This is stunning. A man after my own heart. I love the old pictures.

• Green With Envy

Dress Code  

Photographed in Dallas, TX

*Previously featured on Rugby's blog, The Newsroom.

Jan 19, 2010 | Permalink (13) View/Leave Comments

lmddzabsz left a comment on 8/8/2011 at 4:26 AM:

hiH7Am bhohrdifzrbg

Jacklynn left a comment on 8/7/2011 at 12:34 PM:

These pieces really set a standard in the idunrsty.

SMII left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 7:23 PM:

The model has captured the Italian uneven tie blade thing ...

DC left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 10:03 AM:

The lime green chinos (with a flash of ankle) and RL loafers make this a decadent look.

http://www.curatorofdcstyle.com

Mens Oxford Shirt left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 8:39 AM:

I love this style, it is classic, the combinations epitomise all that is desirable about this look, and the shirt is subtle

Simon Leigh left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 6:20 AM:

Good photo and a good look! Keep up the good work! Since discovering this site, I check it regulary each day, its becoming my style bible!

CLG23 left a comment on 1/19/2010 at 4:24 PM:

very well put together

Components of Enthusiasm left a comment on 1/19/2010 at 4:12 PM:

wow, this dude is looking fly.  im really digging the cuffs on the pants, the loafers and the belt.  and hes even got his tie italian style, double wrapped.  baller status right there.

-paul

Graham Hutson left a comment on 1/19/2010 at 2:15 PM:

He carries those trousers very well. Millions wouldn’t.

Christian DePrepp left a comment on 1/19/2010 at 1:09 PM:

He looks very Sid Mashburn. I really like those penny loafers!

Rebecca left a comment on 1/19/2010 at 11:58 AM:

He pulls this off nice! The green leaves on the ground has a nice touch to the photo. Was that done on purpose?

trip left a comment on 1/19/2010 at 11:20 AM:

Wow, those pants are awesome.

Dan Speicher left a comment on 1/19/2010 at 10:37 AM:

Love the cut and design of that blazer

• Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson

Culture  

Image via This Recording

I won’t let too many words get in the way of this photograph, reminiscent of an era when Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis gracefully sauntered around in her friend Lilly’s signature shift dresses; however, I feel compelled to urge you ladies to rediscover sexiness in the company of dignity. Emma Watson is sexy. Really sexy. She’s also a lady. And although she spent her adolescence in an industry famous for mangling child stars into narcissistic train wrecks, she’s successfully managed to groom her career, net worth and public image without a single stroke of a wand.

Jan 18, 2010 | Permalink (13) View/Leave Comments

Richard Ross left a comment on 2/18/2010 at 2:40 AM:

Goodness. This picture is gorgeous.

Julie left a comment on 1/21/2010 at 2:18 AM:

Fred…keep chasing your dreams.  You’re onto something and after all you have been through I believe even though I don’t know you personally that you are at a place of humility to be blessed with all you have imagined.  That’s all…I like to encourage no matter “vested” or not.  After all words can lift up or damage for a lifetime.  And man I make mistakes, but i really prefer the former.  It’s better for the heart.  Keep it up Fred!

Michael left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 7:35 PM:

Reading and loving the comments on this page. 

I love Emma, and this photo.  She is amazing.

julie left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 7:15 PM:

whoa, good stuff here!  i am certainly not an expert on fashion or certainly this lifestyle, but as a woman, i am quite frankly thrilled with fred’s suggestion.  truthfully, i have loved all of his posts of women with this style of clothing.  i especially love the fact that he is suggesting that we don’t have to bare it all for a man to find us sexy!  perhaps because i am a very modest person and have always been…and happen to have been married for almost 4 years to a man who shares fred’s opinion.  that doesn’t mean i am not feminine…in fact there is nothing more i like than feeling feminine around my husband.  i applaud you fred for offering such great examples of this and personally feel a bit suffocated as i walk around malls to find things getting shorter, smaller, frillier, etc.  i HATE the way a lot of fashion is going!

just my opinion, from a very normal, non ivy league, california state school going girl!

Corey G. left a comment on 1/20/2010 at 9:56 AM:

I don’t know but, for some reason, sharing this on Facebook is providing a link that leads to a 404 Error. Anyway, gorgeous picture. Definitely nice to see a classy, modest photo of an actress in my age bracket.

Anne Cooper left a comment on 1/18/2010 at 7:28 PM:

I like this post.

Lauren Conrades left a comment on 1/18/2010 at 6:44 PM:

I absolutely adore Emma, she’s my little muse. This darling is a beauty and carries herself well. She is graceful, kind, and has impeccable taste. And what a great shot…love the styling and arrangement. Great post!

xo
    http://radesblog.com

Graham Hutson left a comment on 1/18/2010 at 3:56 PM:

A proper English rose. Yet to fully bloom in my opinion.

S.N. Carpeaux left a comment on 1/18/2010 at 3:49 PM:

I absolutely love the colors in this shot. It reminds of sherbet and all the colors for spring 2010.
    On Ms. Watson, men and ladies both like her, a quality rarely found in a celebrity, because she is dignified; a quiet dignity in the way she dresses (modestly) and the manner in which carries herself (gracefully).

Michael left a comment on 1/18/2010 at 1:37 PM:

Love the consistancy in this blog, I literally check it every day. The fact that you featured my crush and soon to be wife only sweetens the pot!

On a side note, I saw Vampire Weekend at the United Palace Theatre last night and would urge all of you to see them asap. The theatre itself had unrivaled history and charm. They played everysong from their debut except “Bryn” and all from the new except “I think ur a Contra”. The show is non-stop energy, perfectly blending our favorites with our soon to be favorites. They even had some orchestral players with them, it suffices to say I just purchased my tickets to see them in April.

Jack left a comment on 1/18/2010 at 12:13 PM:

great shot, where is it from?

www.thisisnotnew.com

Philip Floyd left a comment on 1/18/2010 at 11:00 AM:

Dare I say her ability to deftly navigate the minefield that accompanies childhood fame is a result of an English public school education.

Looks like she’s heading to the ivy league for her college education, a perfect finish!

Kevin Cooke left a comment on 1/18/2010 at 10:38 AM:

Amazing Fred!  And so true, she is one of the most beautiful girls in industry right now.  Just more proof that modesty is one of the most sexy qualities a girl can bring to the table.

• Newer Posts Older Posts