Today was good. I watched you sleeping as I lay next to you—like every other weekend we’re together. All too soon you will be too big for me to sleep in between you, swing you from my limbs, and kiss you on the lips. I’m aware of the frailty lining these moments.
Harrison, my firstborn, my strength. Your eyes are a mirror into my childhood—the joys, the disappointments, the victories, the defeats. There is this joy in your chocolate eyes that lights up a room.
Jonah, my baby, my heart. Everything I loved about your mother I experience in you. We speak an unspoken language in the hugs, wrestling matches and piggyback rides we share. I vividly remember the day I found out I was having a second son...they told me I’d have a little girl. But you arrived, and have not ceased to amaze since.
Sons, nothing you do will ever change the way I feel about you. Follow these rules when we are apart. And when we are together, may we live in our moments.
• Take lots of pictures.
• The key to good photography is not timing. It’s editing.
• Live in New York City at some point.
• Make sure your clothes fit properly
• Spend time with your mother. She’s cooler than you think.
• Learn to tie a bow tie.
• Never side against your brother in a fight.
• Don’t be afraid to ask out the best-looking girl in the room.
• When shaking hands, grip firmly and look him in the eye.
• Always use your last name when introducing yourself.
• Surprise me at the office. Trust me, whatever I’m doing is not as important as you.
*Modified version previously featured on All Plaid Out.
Tumblr is finally relevant to me. It’s the new home to my inspiration board. Although I have an actual inspiration board with photographs, magazine tears, patches, and quotes housed within a gold vintage wood frame, its space is limited. Moving my board online allows me to draw from it anywhere I go, but what’s more, allows you to step further into my world.
Aptly named, Collection by F.E. Castleberry is just that—a collection of images, quotes, and original photographs fashioning a timeless, Ivy League inspired world with traditionally preppy roots. If you Tumble, "follow", "reblog", and "like" to your heart's content. For those that don’t, the best way to experience Collection is by simply viewing it in the collage style seen below and, well, being inspired.